Search This Blog

Monday, February 11, 2013

La Giara

La Giara is one of the few places in my immediate neighborhood that I hadn't tried, so I was excited when Marilynn decided to hold her 25th birthday brunch there. I never thought of it as a brunch place - walking by, it seems more like a traditional Italian supper spot.

Turns out, they do a great drunk brunch. The food is decent (my prosciutto mozzarella arugula sandwich was quite satisfying) and reasonably priced (food is $9-$12). As long as you order a meal and a drink ($6.50 for a Bloody Mary or mimosa), they'll give you unlimited refills. I went with the mimosa, but if you get the bloody, they bring you seemingly boring vodka and tomato juice. If you want to spice it up, you have your choice of fixins from a bucket filled with horseradish, pepper, hot sauce, and Worcestershire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails