Search This Blog

Monday, February 4, 2013

Super Bowl Sunday 2013

Because I had no vested interest in either of the teams playing in this year's Super Bowl, I didn't feel the pressure to do anything major.  Without a team I cared to root for, there seemed to be no need to go to a party and stay up late, only to feel exhausted on Monday.  That's not starting the week off on a good foot.  Of course I still watched the Super Bowl because I love the commercials and Beyonce as the halftime act.  Since I was devoting so much time to watching the annual sporting event, I felt like I should cook some special tailgating inspired food for supper, even though I was just watching by myself.

Though I don't like hot dogs, I like sausage so I prepared andouille sausage dogs, which I thought were fitting since the Super Bowl was being played in New Orleans.  I heated up the sausage on my grill pan while I got some onions nice and caramelized.  This dog really doesn't need anything else, but you could always drizzle some remoulade sauce over the top instead of traditional ketchup and mustard.  I didn't have any remoulade sauce or the forethought to prepare any but it still tasted just fine.  On the side, I made potato skins.  These are super easy to make, they just take a little planning because it takes at least 45 minutes to bake them.  While the potatoes cooled off to a point where I could handle them, I crisped up some bacon.  After hollowing out the potatoes, I filled the boats with the chopped bacon and cheese.  I put them back in the oven to melt the cheese and crisp the skin and then topped them with a dollop of greek yogurt that I mixed with salt, pepper, and scallions.

When you're eating good food, it's easy to forget that you're being lame and watching the Super Bowl alone in your apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails