Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bareburger

I was heading to the Hamptons early Saturday morning (rough life) so I spent Friday night at home, eating takeout while watching my latest Netflix (a cheesy chick flick - don't ask).  I decided to order from Bareburger, a fancypants burger place that has recently sprung up in a few locations around the city, one of which is right near my new apartment.  The signage featured lots of hippy terms like "free-range" and "organic," not things I usually care about when I want my greasy burger fix.  I decided to put my prejudice aside for a night in the hopes that I would enjoy their product, and it turns out I did.

The choices may astound you.  In addition to beef/turkey/veggie options, you can get your burger made with bison, ostrich, elk, lamb, or wild boar.  They even have a gluten-free bun option.  I ordered the Mediterranean (cucumber mint yogurt, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, and apple smoked onions) with a lamb patty.  The toppings were great and the patty arrived just under the medium-rare I requested ("almost" is pretty good when it comes to burger delivery).  I also ordered a side of fries that I would recommend to anyone.  They come with three sauces - curry ketchup, chipotle mayo, and special sauce - all of which were good.

These burgers fall somewhere between a bistro burger (i.e.: JG Melon) and a greasy melty burger (i.e.: Shake Shack).  The other two burger camps are great, but so are options, so I'm very happy to have found a middle ground in the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails