Search This Blog

Thursday, June 28, 2012

3 on Thursday

It's back to a short week for me!  Today is actually my last day at work before I head to Vegas for Steph's rager of a bachelorette.  Pray for our livers.

I am newly obsessed with Letters of Note, a website that features the correspondence of famous people.  Sometimes sentimental, sometimes humorous, these letters provide a glimpse into the lives of those we idolize.  In many cases the actual letter has been scanned in so you can see the piece of history itself.  In going through past posts, I found a line I loved in a letter from Ronald Reagan to his son on his wedding day: "There is no greater happiness for a man than approaching a door at the end of a day knowing someone on the other side of that door is waiting for the sound of his footsteps."

Like many a New Yorker, I had my head down, staring at my phone while walking home on Tuesday.  I was scrolling through the latest tweets when I saw one that said Nora Ephron, at age 71, had been diagnosed with leukemia.  About two tweets later, she had already passed away.  Now, I'm not one of those who gets depressed when someone I don't even know personally passes away, but let's just all take a little moment to celebrate the woman who brought us When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle, and You've Got Mail.  I could watch You've Got Mail every weekend and be happy as a daisy, the friendliest flower.
 20 of us gals will be invading Sin City for this weekend's bachie.  I imagine it will look something like this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails