Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2012

Arf: Barking Dog

In my five years of living in the Upper East I never went to Barking Dog so when I moved to Murray Hill and there was another location just a few blocks away I figured it was time to finally give it a go.  This decision was helped along by the fact that there are very few brunch spots in the neighborhood and Linds and I wanted breakfast food.  Stat.   

From what I had heard about Barking Dog, the food is nothing crazy, but it is consistently good and reasonably priced.  That about sums it up.  For $10.95 I got a huge breakfast burrito (thankfully included lots of toppings - not all egg) that came with hash browns.  Nobody in the North makes hash browns like I'm used to, but these are better than the average diner potatoes.  Lindsay cleaned her plate of eggs benedict so I'm guessing those were good too.  I also liked the bottomless coffee for $2.95.  The waitress was always popping around the corner to refill my mug and kick my morning into high gear.

Bottom line: solid breakfast options at good prices.  I also highly recommend the Murray Hill location which has a great outdoor seating area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails