Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

3 on Thursday

This week's 3 on Thursday is going to look a little different because I'm posting from my phone on the plane. (Format will be different and I'm not even sure if the pictures will show up in the right order.) That's just the kind of considerate girl I am. I'm posting while dealing with the hassle of traveling just so you don't have to go a day without my fabulous guidance. Now that I'm done tootingy own horn, I'll fill you in on this week's faves.

1) I've been doing some home decorating recon at CB2 and love how they organize their store. In addition to room layouts, they sneak in fun little moments like these wine game instructions. Next time you have a dinner/cocktail party, have each guest bring two identical bottles of wine. One is stashed away in a bin while the other is placed in a numbered brown paper bag. Then it's onto the fun part: the tasting! The guests try each wine and vote on their favorite (thanks to the brown paper bag, votes are based on taste and not swayed by labels). Whoever brought the winning bottle gets to take home the duplicate stash. It seems to me like this would be a great activity and unlike most party games wouldn't take a lot of convincing to accrue participants.

2) I've touched on this a little on previous posts, but after five years in New York, I finally made it to the Hamptons. Matt and Jen's cousin has a place there that would blow your mind. Tennis court, pool, the works. We spent all day lounging and then grilled out with a caprese salad, sausage, steak, and asparagus. I never saw the huge appeal of the Hamptond. When everyone migrates there in the Summer, I find the city to be a wonderful, more relaxed version of its typical playground. Now I get it. I need to figure out how to make the Hamptons a regular Summer escape.

3) I love my new Chanel lipstick but when I got the urge to test out another new color, I figured it was time to do so on a budget. I headed to Duane Reade in search of a pow pow red and found success even without the help of a department store makeup artist. I'm loving the instant wow factor of Revlon's Ravish Me Red and the fact that I achieved the exact look I was going for in under $9.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails