Search This Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2012

3 on Thursday

Welcome to the Savannah edition of 3 on Thursday.  I was home for my annual week-long Summer visit that I planned around Bridge's wedding.  It was so nice to spend time with the fam and relax in the Lowcountry.  I can't think of a better way to ring in 27.

My hopes to sit around the pool with a daiquiri getting tan were dashed when it rained for six days straight.  I tried to lay out, but it was in vain.  But even in dreary weather, I have been in awe of my view from the day we moved into the house.
Bridget and Julien know how to throw a wedding, plain and simple.  The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist is so beautiful, it made me wish I was Catholic so I could get married there.  To give you an idea of how much fun it was: the ceremony began at 2:00 PM, the cocktail hour started at 4:00 PM, and I didn't go to bed until 3:30 AM.  New South Players, aka NSP of fraternity band party legend, was the wedding band so it was quite the dance fest.  Bridge also knows the way to go down as a great party is with a mac and cheese bar.  Well done, Dr. and Mrs. Norton.

I spent a lot of my vacation trying to consume all my favorite foods from home.  This is a spectacular pulled pork sandwich from the Smoke Station.  I'm sorry, but the BBQ in NYC just can't compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails