Search This Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2012

3 on Thursday

It seems that my weeks have turned into tightropes between major weekends.  Here's what I've been up to while I try to keep my balance.
While scouting bars that could serve as the new home of the NYC Dawgs, I grabbed a bite at The Australian.  The owner was raving about the kangaroo and brought some out, compliments of the house.  I have to say, I enjoyed it.  The sweet chili sauce paired nicely with the lean meat.  Happy to say I'm a 'roo lover, but then again, I'm a sucker for Australian accents.
In last week's "3 on Thursday", I told you about The Color Run and how cool it would be even though I don't have the stamina to run 3.1 miles.  I couldn't get it out of my head and considered signing up for a race.  I even looked it up and found out The Color Run happens all over the country, including NYC.  When Jimmy Fallon tweeted his followers the next day requesting recommendations for apps that help you train for a 5K, I figured some larger force was guiding me to the starting line.  I downloaded the app everyone suggested, Couch-to-5K, which takes you from zero to 5K through a too-good-to-be-true schedule.  Just 30 minutes per day, three days per week, for eight weeks and I'm supposed to be race-ready.  People swear by it.  I started training on Monday and so far I love it.  I now plan to sign up for NYC's Color Run (on August 25th) as soon as registration opens.  Wish me luck! 

Almondictive Bits have become a new Trader Joe's favorite find.  A few of these dark chocolate covered candied almonds will satisfy your sweet tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails