Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Eggplant Pizza

I love pepperoni, but antipasti plates and pizza aren't meals that lend themselves to the "cooking for one" set.  A big thank you goes out to Pinterest for giving me an outlet for my pepp craving.  Instead of pizza crust, I used a round of eggplant that I topped with a spoonful of tomato sauce, some fresh mozzarella, and a couple pepperoni slices.

Pizza crust doesn't reheat well so I know I would end up throwing away whatever I don't eat.  That was a lie.  We all know I would end up eating the entire pizza while sitting on the floor of my apartment watching the Real Housewives of Timbuktu.  This recipe keeps me from stuffing my face full of dough and it still tasted great.  This didn't taste like a healthy version of pizza; it was just a new and interesting way to serve myself pepperoni.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails