Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2012

3 on Thursday

Still running at full speed with no signs of slowing down.  Overwhelming?  You betcha.  Will I crack soon?  Most likely.

I really liked this floor lamp at Blue Water Grill.  I'm not sure whether to think of it as a chandelier on a stick or an overgrown candelabra.  Either way, it's a serious floor lamp.

My new NikeIDs just came in!  When designing them in the store, I told the associate my favorite color was green and he helped me make these bright show stoppers.  The fun color scheme gives me extra motivation to work out, as do the custom tongues - the right says "sic" and the left says "em".  Now, whenever I'm hitting the gym, I'm inspired to "finish the drill" just like my Dawgs.
BIG news.  I bought an apartment.  Read that part again.  I (and not my parents) bought (not rented ) an apartment in Manhattan.  This is a relatively huge deal, one you'll likely be hearing a lot about as I settle in, decorate, and renovate.  Yesterday was moving day, which means last night was my first sleeping there and I have to tell you, it was a little weird.  I'm not used to having elevators or a doorman and now I have two of the nicest men who hold the door open for me and love hearing about my day.  It's so nice, but until I get used to these cushy accommodations I'll feel like a guest.  It was extra exciting to arrive yesterday and find my mailbox already had my name on it.  In all four years at my last apartment, my name never made it onto the mailbox, but now I live in a real community.  I can't explain how great that feels. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails