Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2012

3 on Thursday

I guess it has officially turned into "the season".  The one where every weekend is packed with things to do and people to see.  I can't complain - every one of those events is a fun escape with friends - but sometimes it's important to stop and enjoy something all alone, like a scrumptious pie...
After meeting friends in Flatiron, I decided I deserved a pie (or two) so I stopped into Hill Country Chicken for a sweet treat.  I couldn't decided which one to get so I rendered the decision unnecessary and got both.  First I tried the sour cherry for something truly fruity.  I enjoyed it, but it was totally upstaged by the special of the month: strawberry lemonade pie with a meringue topping and poppyseed crust.  It was the perfect combo of tart and sweet.
I'm a big fan of PJ Clarke's and always order the same thing: bacon cheeseburger.  But when Lindsay and I decided to stay and grab a bite after our first weekly happy hour meeting (yes, we started a happy hour club - I recommend it), we decided to also order the potato chips with blue cheese dip appetizer.  The blue cheese dip was basically fondue with extra chunks of blue cheese.  I may have gone up a jean size by the time the appetizer course was done, but it was worth it.

This city is not lacking in random festivals and the Cinco de Mayo party we attended on Saturday is a great example.  When we signed up and paid our $20, we only had Yacht Rock on the brain.  We heard they would be performing on a pier and bought tickets.  Apparently, a full fiesta came with the concert so we were able to enjoy tacos, cervesas, Mexican face painting, a mariachi band, and Mexican wrestling.  Aside from Yacht Rock, the wrestling was my favorite part of the day.  The performers had great names like Phat Pat, The Nerd, and Spider and the acting was awesomely bad.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to comment on the amazingness of the chips and dip... the chips were HOMEMADE, and as someone who generally hates blue cheese (really, not a fan), this was truly yummy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails