Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cream Cheese Corn

I'm always looking for ways to spice up vegetables, corn in particular.  I don't end up making corn all that often because, as a side dish, I find it a little boring.  Growing up, corn was the one vegetable my brother would eat while it was the one I found most lackluster.  I found the idea of eating it straight off the cob with those cute cob holders more appealing than the food itself.  I have a feeling, though, that if my mother had prepared corn like this, I would have eaten every bite.  It loses all nutritional value when prepared like this, you say?  Yup, sounds about right.  But guess what.  I don't care and my Mom should just be happy I'm now eating corn with such reckless abandon.  (And if I'm being honest, it's not all that bad for you if you use the light cream cheese, so rest easy.)

Combine one pound fresh or frozen corn (not canned), one tablespoon butter, and three ounces cream cheese (I use light) in a pan.  Once it's all heated through and the cream cheese has melted around all the corn kernels, add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste.  That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails