Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

3 on Thursday

I love coming back to work for a short week!  I hope your long Memorial Day Weekend was as fun-filled as mine!
On Saturday, Steph and I strolled the SoHo neighborhood picking out her bridemaid gifts, sipping wine, and doing a little shopping.  C. Wonder was having a blowout sale and I couldn't resist.  This store, brought to you by Christopher Burch (Tory's ex-husband), has my name written all over it.  Literally, there is a lot of monogramming going on in this place.  I'm pretty sure I've previously mentioned my love of monograms and all things prep so it should come as no surprise that this store is my preppy piece of heaven.  There was a nice 50% of room where I picked up a shirt, two bangles, and a pair of earrings for $47.  I had to hold myself back from all the great housewares.  Mid-move/renovation is not the time to pick up new decorative pieces.

The only things I had on my must-do list for the long weekend were nail polish and Central Park.  I picked up Essie's 5th Avenue for a nice orangy-red that seemed perfect for the kick-off to Summer.  I'm not sure if you can tell in the pic, but I gave my ring finger a top coat of Essie's new Luxe Effects polish in Shine of the Times for a little glitz.  I loved the final result!  Once my nails dried, I grabbed my latest book club read and headed to the park for some tanning sunburning.

Many thanks to Aunt Angie, Uncle Skip, Seth, Rachel, and Bret for the gorgeous orchid they sent as a housewarming gift!  Even though all my stuff is still in boxes, seeing this on my windowsill makes it less of an apartment, more of a home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails