Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2011

Pie Practice

I wanted to bring a little something to Break-the-Fast and Greg and Susan told me I could be in charge of bagels.  I obliged, but also wanted to make something myself.  I wanted to put a little skill into my potluck contribution and picking up bagels doesn't require any aptitude beyond being able to de-code the cashier's accent at H&H.  I needed to make something that didn't need to be served hot or right away since I would have to drop my dish off early and let it sit while I was at dinner #1.  [Yea, that's right - I was invited to two Break-the-Fast dinners - can you ay POPULAR?!]  The timing constraints ruled out most of the appetizers I would have normally made, and I realized I was going to have to bake - scary territory for me.

There were going to be 12 people at the party, so one pie would not suffice.  I consulted my Mommy for my two favorite pie recipes: pecan pie and fudge pie.  She swore I wouldn't be able to screw them up, so I decided to give it a whirl.  Besides, I needed to get a little more practice because pecan pie is a Southern staple and I am told its perfect execution is requisite for making some man very happy one day.

I told Susan to tell people the pies came from Food Emporium, in case they didn't come out well.  Fortunately, they turned out good enough for me to take all the credit.  Perhaps I'll make some man happy after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails