Search This Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2011

3 on Thursday

I am only now realizing I didn't post 3 on Thursday last week.  I'm so sorry for slacking off, but I hope you enjoy this week's 3!

On 10/1, I attended one of the New Yorker Festival events.  The New Yorker Festival is a three day event that brings culture to the city.  There are writer discussions, panels, and editor/famous person chats.  I had the opportunity to see Chris Colfer (of Glee fame) chat with one of the editors and decided I love him even more than I love his character (if that was possible).  I am a true Gleek so to see him talk up close and personal about all his experiences was exciting.  I highly recommend checking out next year's festival.  The lineup is always stellar and the prices are reasonable.  (Many of these 2 hour events are only $30.)

On 10/6, I headed to Joe's Pub for the CMA Singer/Songwriter Series event.  This is something they do once a month (ish) and is a god-send for a Southern girl like me.  One thing I've found difficult about living up here is the lack of country music.  There isn't even a radio station - quelle domage!  Thank goodness for this event because it is one of the few times I get to hear real country (no, Taylor Swift is not country).  They bring 4 songwriters for about an hour and a half to two hours of music.  All of these writers have penned the songs for the greats (Tim McGraw, Montgomery Gentry, Brooks & Dunn, etc.).  They're the men behind the music.  They tell the history behind the songs and singing along is encouraged.  Each event also features one bigger name - in this case, it was Billy Currnington (second from left), who hails from my small but wonderful neck of the woods.  David Lee Murphy was also there (far right) - not a huge name, but I listened to his song "Dust on the Bottle" literally every single day on my drive to high school.  After the event, they're happy to chat and take pics for a few minutes, so if country is your thing, this is the perfect $30 event for you!  
Behold the shopping bag containing my new slouchy, buckled, low heeled boots.  A steal at $89, these babies remind me that Fall has arrived.  Aren't you enjoying this skirt/no tights/boots weather we're currently experiencing?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails