Search This Blog

Thursday, October 27, 2011

3 on Thursday

This week has absolutely zipped by.  I can't believe it's already Thursday and for once, I wish the weekend wasn't so quickly approaching.  I haven't had enough time to run all the necessary errands to prep for the Halloween party I am throwing tomorrow.  For now, I'm just going to breathe and assume it's all going to work itself out.  Until that magically happens, here are this week's 3:

One of my dear girlfriends got engaged on Friday and because she has decided to get married in Savannah (even though both she and her fiancé are from Atlanta), I got to give her a few pointers.  Luckily, I received a copy of Town & Country Weddings at the office on Monday, so my head is now stuffed with ideas.  I'm gonna throw it out there - wedding/party planning is super fun.  Any ideas how I can do this for real?

On Thursday, I attended a benefit for Outward Bound at the Museum of Natural History.  Ever since I read about a wedding reception in the whale room in the NY Times society pages, it has been a goal to go to an event there.  It was just as gorgeous as I expected.  All kids love the chance to run amok in a museum, and I think the experience is only enhanced by black tie and an open bar.  The event itself was top notch, but I also loved being able to give back to Outward Bound.  When I was 13 years old, I went on a week-long Outward Bound canoeing trip in the Florida Everglades and it was an intense adventure.  If I could do it all again, I would; but for now, I'll donate to the organization so they can gift as many people as possible with the experience I was fortunate enough to have.  And donate I did!  After a few glasses of wine, my table-mates and I were more than happy to bid in the silent auction for a trip to Oaxaca, Mexico that we WON.  Adios, amigos! 


I lurve Halloween and to get y'all into the spooky spirit, I would like to share a new blog: Halloween or Williamsburg.  I am happy to poke fun of those kooky Williamsburg hipsters all the livelong day.  Thankfully, someone else noticed the absurdity of the Williamsburg dress code and chronicles it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails