Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Help Me Ronda

My friend Podz is crazy and runs marathon after tiring marathon.  She was sore from her latest 20 mile practice run (weenie), so I decided to give her leggies a break and headed to her hood for brunch on our day off from work this past Monday.  When I said I was in the mood for eggs, Sarah knew exactly where to take me.  Located on Columbus between 71st and 71nd, Cafe Ronda, specializes in Argentinean tapas, but as I said, I had eggs on the brain so I skipped the tapas/lunch portion of the menu. 

At first I was disappointed because I'm not big on omelets, and that seemed to comprise the lion's share of the egg menu...until I realized that all eight of the egg dishes could be prepared as omelets OR baked eggs.  That hooked me.  I'm on a big baked egg kick and they're not as prevalent as the benedicts of the world, so this was a treat.  Podz got one with asparagus and goat cheese and I chose the sausage with onions and peppers.  I ate everything on my plate, including the toast and homefries.  It wouldn't be brunch without bloody marys and mimosas, so we each had a couple drinks and stayed to chit-chat.  The staff was nice and didn't rush us out when we were clearly done with our meal and drinks.  I'm not in the UWS often, but if I ever travel back up there for brunch, I'll know a good place to go.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails