Search This Blog

Friday, April 25, 2014

Taquito-lada Casserole

I've been looking for a good enchilada casserole recipe for a while but even the easiest ones seemed to take a little too long for a weeknight meal.  I didn't want to have to cook the meat first, then assemble, and then start cooking the whole thing in the oven.  Thankfully, Trader Joe's had me covered.  I found this recipe for taquito-lada casserole on their website and used it as my base.  I added a few extras to make it a bit heartier.

After layering their frozen beef taquitos in a dish, I added a can of black beans because I figured whatever meat was inside the taquitos would be on the minimal side and I wanted some extra protein.  Then I poured a bottle of enchilada sauce over the top (I love that this sauce comes bottled!).  Just before covering the whole thing with cheese, I added fire roasted green chiles for some sweet heat.  The assembly took a total of 5 minutes and the whole thing is only sitting in the oven (at 425) for 20 minutes.  Once it comes out, I strongly suggest adding a dollop of sour cream to the top.  If you don't have a Trader Joe's (and therefore no access to their taquitos, I suggest layering shredded rotisserie chicken on the bottom, top with corn tortillas, and then layer the rest as described above.

Mexican take-out is never as good as going to a restaurant, but I just can't be going out to eat all the time during the week - I don't have the dinero.  This is the perfect way to enjoy Mexican flavors at home during the week for little money and - even better - little clean-up.


      

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails