Search This Blog

Thursday, April 17, 2014

3 on Thursday

My weekend got off to a really bad start.  My college roommates and I had planned a reunion in DC and I was beyond excited.  Activities were planned, new outfits were purchased, and my liver had been prepped for excessive drinking.  ...And then I missed the bus.  Those buses never leave on time and certainly never leave early; yet, when I arrived right at 6:30 for my 6:30 bus, it had decided to drive off several minutes ahead of schedule.  I waited in a standby line for two hours to no avail.  Finally, I went back to my apartment, ordered Chinese, and cried.  The weekend wasn't a complete failure.  Jen came to visit for the second half of the weekend (I was always planning to come back early from DC to see her) and the weather was positively gorgeous.
Background: lights inside the marquee at Broadway's Aladdin

  1. Sammy's Roumanian is an absolute crazy time.  The joyful sounds of the hora bounce around the dank basement while you munch on Eastern European delicacies like chopped liver and drink Ketel One vodka in ice blocks.  Ridiculous.
  2. Seder plates can be pricey to buy at the store so when I hosted a Seder on Monday I improvised.  My haroset is better than the store-bought stuff anyway.  The seder as a whole was a great way to bring a small group of friends together for wine and a meal that had been cooking all day. 
  3. When Jen was in town we made to schedule a dinner with Richard so three of the original crew could all be together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails