Search This Blog

Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Reads


  1. This inspirational Duracell ad shines a spotlight on Derrick Coleman and the obstacles he has had to overcome as a deaf running back for the Seattle Seahawks.  This guy could be playing in the Super Bowl - watch out.
  2. 2014 brings a major change to the Boy Scouts who will begin allowing openly gay children into the organization.
  3. I recently started reading the Divergent trilogy, the latest YA novel craze (even though I am far older than YA).  What I find most interesting is that the author, Veronica Roth, wrote Divergent while she was in college.  If she can do that, I'm sure you can all accomplish your New Years Resolutions.
  4. Is the Prince Charming character an unfair representation of love for young girls?  I say don't rush anybody into a harsh reality and leave a golden standard to strive for.  Call me a silly girl, but I'm keeping my Prince Charming dream alive - while still cementing my reputation as an intelligent, creative, independent princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails