Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Taproom No. 307

I discovered Taproom No. 307 on a run and made a mental note to check it out.  Apparently, my mental notes can't be trusted because it took me months to actually remember to go.  (Note: when I say I remembered, what I really mean is I didn't remember at all - Albert actually suggested it.)  For craft beer lovers, this place is a dream.  They have 40 of them on tap and most are $7-$8.  I tried the Dogfish Head Festina Peche and it was packed with zing - almost like a beer cocktail.

Though the beer is a draw, they serve much more than typical bar snacks.  It's a true restaurant with an amazing beer selection rather than being a bar that serves food.  My Mom got a large salad packed with goat cheese, corn, pumpkin seeds, and craisins that only cost $10.  (Only $3 more will get you a protein like chicken on top.)  Albert and I split the Carnivore pizza, which is topped with pepperoni, chorizo, and slab bacon.  It was delicious and covered in toppings - a true meat lovers pizza.  We all split an order of the roasted brussels sprouts with bacon and truffle salt.  Our only disappointment was that we only ordered one serving of them.

If this is the kind of place I discover while running, I found my incentive to strap on the tennis shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails