Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Defonte's of Brooklyn

Defonte's is a Brooklyn institution.  It's an old school Italian sandwich shop where you shouldn't dare ask for substitutions on these large sandwiches that look like they could feed the whole firehouse.  These are manly sandwiches at girly prices (nothing over $11).  The Manhattan branch may be a little shinier but from what I hear, the food is just as good as the original.  It's a no-frills place and the sandwiches thrive on the simplicity of good ingredients and classic Italian combinations.  I went with the Hot Roast Beef.  The meat was sliced paper thin and piled onto a soft roll with a thin layer of fried eggplant and fresh mozzarella.  I split my sandwich up into two meals partly because it was so large and partly because I wanted to have the experience of eating it twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails