Search This Blog

Friday, July 5, 2013

Pasta with Brie

I had seen some sort of pasta made with brie on Pinterest but never got around to trying it.  I'll put cheese in anything, especially pasta, but brie seemed like the one cheese that wouldn't work.  I kept putting it off until I found myself leaving work late and needing something I could whip up quickly.  The recipes I saw claimed this didn't need any cream or sauce so that meant one less ingredient and at least two fewer steps.  I figured even if it was bad, it would do the bare minimum of getting me fed, which was pretty much all I cared about at that point.

I was right on one part: it was so easy to prepare.  I was wrong when I thought it wouldn't taste that good without a sauce.  The brie becomes the sauce.  While the pasta boiled away (I recommend using bowties or some short pasta), I sauteed cremini mushrooms and zucchini with thyme.  Everything finished cooking at about the same time so I threw it in a bowl and then added brie that I had sliced into small squares in the hopes that it would start melting.  It did.  It melted into cheesy velvet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails