Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pizza Rolls

Book club starts at 7:30 and as luck would have it, I was scheduled to host during one of my busiest work weeks.  I got off the subway at 7:10 and still hadn't picked up any ingredients.  By 7:25 I was in my apartment after running through the grocery store to pick up the four items needed to make the easiest thing I could think of: pizza rolls.  I had never made them before but have seen plenty of variations on Pinterest so I just went with it.  Luckily, it worked and every pizza roll was eaten by the end of the evening...not bad for a 5 minute dish!

I'm sure when you read pizza rolls, you're thinking Totino's from the freezer aisle.  That's not these.  But don't knock those frozen babies - that was the drunk food of choice for my apartment senior year.  It's amazing how quickly a group of four girls can tear through a large bag (90 count) of those after a night at the bars. Anyway, this is a different take that's just as easy to make:  Fill Pillsbury crescent rolls with shredded mozzarella and pepperoni.  Bake according to package directions.  Heat up marinara sauce in the microwave.  Serve.  It may not be fancy, but it's good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails