Search This Blog

Thursday, July 11, 2013

3 on Thursday

Getting this week's 3 on Thursday in with just 30 minutes to spare. That should be an indication if how crazy work has been. Can't tell you how ready I am for the weekend. I'll be kicking it off with a Yankees game and 6 pm on Friday can't come soon enough!
Albert received this book through work but gifted it to me knowing it would go to much better use in my kitchen.  I've flipped through it and can already tell it's basically a bible for grilling.  Beef, chicken, pork, seafood, even veggies - they all get a large section devoted to their specific grilling needs.  Most recipes actually seem simple enough (as it should be - let the grill do most of the work) but full of flavor. Can't wait to try it out!
Before and after my first 5k, The Color Run. Though it's not a long distance for most, I had to train for it and felt a huge sense of accomplishment when I finished. It was the perfect 5k to start with because it's pure fun. You wear all white and get doused with color at several checkpoints throughout the run. I don't think I'll be doing further distances, but brjng on more 5ks!  P.S.: the best part of doing a run is the post run brunch. 
Maple goodies are big in Canada and a friend from work just brought these back from a recent trip to Montreal. So super sweet and unlike anything we have in the US. It's like a cookie pancake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails