Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Teqa

After one drink at Cash Bar, Brutus and I were ready to go somewhere new so we headed to Teqa for tacos and margaritas.  I had been waiting for a restaurant buddy to try this restaurant because I tend to be a fan of non-chain upscale Mexican restaurants (i.e.: not Dos Caminos or Rosa Mexicano), especially if they're not too pricey.

Teqa isn't exactly cheap, but it won't break the bank.  The tacos come two per order and range in price from $10-$14.  Brutus and I started with an order of guac.  It was clearly made to order with huge chunks of avocado and spiced to our preference.  We then got an order of the Taco de Pescado del Baja (tempura mahi mahi) and an order of the Carne Asada tacos and went splitskies.  Both versions were very good, but I think I preferred the carne asada.  My only complaint is that they were a little small for my taste.  At their size, three tacos per order would have been more appropriate.

The prices may be similar to those of the upscale chains, but the menu is a nice adaptation of trendy worthy Mexican fare.  The bar scene, though not packed, was lively enough as it serves as a different setting from any other place in the neighborhood.  The best part, however, I learned as I perused the website after the fact.  Apparently, if you're not a chain you have the flexibility to hold a $25 drunk brunch.  I would consider that a serious benefit to breaking out on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails