Search This Blog

Monday, September 24, 2012

Sunbutter Snack #1

I have a couple weekends coming up where I need to look G-O-O-D.  With that as motivation, I am trying my darnedest to eat healthy and exercise for the next few weeks.  I was inspired by some healthy snack suggestions I saw in my latest Real Simple and picked up a jar of sunflower butter (aka sunbutter) to activate.  In case you've never tried it, sunbutter is basically peanut butter that is made with sunflower seeds.  It's not supposed to taste exactly like peanut butter, more like an allergy-friendly way to mix it up.

For my first sunbutter snack (which serves as a great breakfast), I spread sunbutter on pear slices and topped with granola.  It was an extra crunchy snack, and I think all that chewing made me fuller faster.  As you can see, it was enjoyed along with the latest People Country issue.  Gotta get my country with my crunchy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails