Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Edamame Avocado Slaw

My renovations are coming along nicely and though I don't have gas yet, I do have a working fridge and microwave (finally!) so I can move beyond the takeout only phase of eating.  I still have to get creative because I don't have a sink to wash dishes in or a countertop to cut veggies on, but just having a refrigerator opens up the possibilities.

Once I got my much-missed appliances back, my first stop was Trader Joes, where I knew I could find plenty of frozen items that would turn into a full meal with a little microwave treatment.  While there, I also picked up pre-shelled edamame, avocado, and a bag of broccoli slaw.  Mix those three ingredients with mayo, cilantro, chili powder, salt, and pepper and you have an easy, vegetarian side salad.  You don't need a ton of mayo (I actually added more slaw after this picture was taken to take the mayo ratio down a notch).  Once you start mixing the salad, the avocado will break down and add to the creamy texture.  On the complete other side of the spectrum, the slaw itself is extra crunchy and then the edamame falls somewhere in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails