Search This Blog

Thursday, September 6, 2012

3 on Thursday

I loved having a 4-day weekend.  I spent the first two days running from event to event and the next two days barely leaving my bed.  It's all about balance.
I have wanted to see Clybourne Park since I read an article about it in New York Magazine back in April.  I loved the idea of a set playing such an important role in a show and wanted to see what it was all about.  Two months later, the show won the Tony for Best Play and I became determined to see it before it left.  I didn't want to make the same mistake of letting silly errands get in the way of me seeing a great show, like I did with Venus in Fur and Scotsboro Boys.  When I found out it was closing on Sunday, I made the decision to get tickets and see it over the weekend, even if it meant seeing it by myself.  Thankfully, it didn't come to that as Lindz was up for an evening of cheap theater, thanks to the beauty of rush tickets.  It was fabulous.  It was dark but still hilarious, touching on latent racial issues.  From the actors to the set designers, bravo to all involved.    
Yes yes, my favorite season is ending and it's sad, but I am completely consoled by the return of football season.  I returned to the Pourhouse to watch the Dawgs snag a W with my fellow NYC fans.  I was in a rare state after participating in the hour of open bar before kickoff, but I still managed to get a pic with the two handsome boys above, Matt and Aaron Kooden. We Savannahians never stray far from one another, but I guess that's what happens when you bleed red and black.   
I'm a total aquarium freak, but I don't hate on the aquarium's close cousin, the zoo.  I can't believe I have lived in New York for five years and never made it to the Bronx Zoo.  This place is huge and amazing.  I can't recall ever coming in such close contact with a tiger so that exhibit quickly jumped to the top of the list.  The gorillas were my other favorite.  They had such clear personalities!  A ticket will set you back $30, but it's a completely worthwhile activity.  If you're like my Bubba and I, you'll try to read every plaque in the place (much to the chagrin of my sister-in-law who finds us much too slow).  This zoo is much too large to read everything.  Lindz and I were there for 4.5 hours, and I didn't come close to soaking up all the random factoids I wanted.  I think I'll just have to turn this into an annual excursion to learn it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails