Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Buff Chick

My brother doesn't cook all too often, but when he gets a dish on the brain, he'll get into the kitchen and throw all his weight behind it.  The last time I was home, his dish du jour was a buffalo chicken sandwich.  My bubba got behind the stove and prepped sandwiches for the whole fam and everyone loved them.  I'm not exactly sure what went into it, but I believe the basis was rotisserie chicken, Frank's Red Hot, and blue cheese dressing.

I didn't know it was possible, but on Sunday night I think I actually improved upon his recipe.  I took three large boneless skinless chicken breasts and threw them in the crock pot with a small bottle of Frank's Red Hot and a block of cream cheese.  After just over three hours on high, I used tongs to shred the chicken and let it sop up the sauce.  I piled it on a bun and topped with some crumbled blue cheese.

This is the best sloppy joe you'll ever have.  I immediately grabbed my phone to text Mark a picture and the recipe.  My brother does not bend easily, but I have a feeling he may tweak his recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails