Search This Blog

Monday, May 24, 2010

Taco Town

One of the best/funniest books of essays I have ever read is My Custom Van: And 50 Other Mind-Blowing Essays that Will Blow Your Mind All Over Your Face by Michael Ian Black.  Included in this hilarious book is an essay about a taco party that will be "f*ing awesome."  I am reminded of this because on Saturday, I attended Jen's birthday bash, which included a taco bar that was, indeed, f*ing awesome.  The table was covered with fish, carnitas, hanger steak, and about five toppings so everyone could customize their perfect taco.  The food was perfectly seasoned/marinated and the DIY aspect created a fun atmosphere.  This was the second party I have been to that featured a taco bar, leading me to believe that it is edging out Dippin' Dots as the wave of the future.

The tacos paired nicely with me and Matt's box of Franzia wine.  Everyone laughed at us; but by the end of the party, I saw lots of people putting their cups under the box's spout (not sure how, but that phrase sounds sorta dirty).  It may have taken a layer of enamel off my teeth, but I look at that as a positive - I won't have to spend money on whitening strips.  Who's laughing now?!

So I am hoping you take away the following from this post:
  • Read My Custom Van.  However, I urge you to lay down a towel because milk may spew from your nose as you read due to excessive laughter...assuming milk is your drink of choice and I'm not quite sure why it would be.
  • Host a taco party.  Your friends will love you.  Hint: do it all from scratch.  Though I have professed my love of Taco Bell in the past, you should really pull out all the stops when hosting one of these get-togethers. 
  • Become the life of the party by toting a box of Franzia.  Ladies, it may not be small enough to fit in your handbag, but carrying that box screams fashion statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails