Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Choc it to Me

I LOVE customization.  The whole DIY thing makes me feel accomplished and unique.  Let's face it, I'm a busy gal who doesn't have a ton of time to craft a set of cutlery out of recycled bottles like Martha Stewart, so I like a little help here and there.  You get me started and I'll make it happen. 

That is why I love Mix My Granola.  I've never been able to find the perfect trail mix but don't want to go to twelve stores buying all the ingredients to make it myself.  Almost all of the store-bought versions include a superfluity of nuts.  I like nuts fine, but I don't usually like them in things like brownies, ice cream, or trail mix.  This site allows me to pick all the items I want in my granola (omitting the nuts) and ships it to me.  It has served me well for the past two years.

Life just got better.  Granola is cool, but if you want something a little less Widespread Panic and a little more Lady GaGa, you have to work with chocolate.  Brilliant!  Go to Chocomize and see for yourself.  You can add dried fruit, spices, nuts, and candy.  The options are virtually endless.  I recommend a little cayenne pepper for some spiciness and dried raspberry and mango for a sweet tang.  Caramel and sea salt is a new favorite combo.  They even have strawberry Gushers.  Remember Gushers?  They were the difinitive candy of my childhood.  I can't wait to become a little Willy Wonkette and build the perfect candy bar.  I can already hear those catchy Oompa Lumpa songs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails