Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Pop Goes My Heart

First of all, yes, I just quoted the cheesy Drew Barrymore/Hugh Grant movie, Music and Lyrics, for this post title.  Secondly, I can't believe it's been a full week since my last post - sorry to have kept y'all waiting!

Let me take you back a few days to Cinco de Mayo.  Usually, I'm all about celebrating Cinco de Drinko by guzzling margs, but since this year the holiday fell on the eve of my 7 AM bootcamp class, I decided to pass.  Eschewing all Mexican-related activities, on my way home, I stopped for a non-festive meal at Pop Burger.  Considering it's Burger Month, you could still say I was doing some celebrating. 

$6.75 gets you an order of 2 sliders that arrive all cozy in their little box.  Two sliders may not sound like much, but they're large sliders, so trust me when I tell you you'll be satisfied but not stuffed.  They take the guesswork out of ordering because the burgers already come topped with cheese, lettuce, special sauce, and a perfectly sized tomato.  I ordered fries on the side (which necessitated an extra side of special sauce), bringing my total order to $10.50.  They gave me a huge cup of crispy fries that I couldn't even finish.  I was impressed that the burgers were still pink, which is not easily accomplished in such small patties.  Good portion size and reasonable price makes Pop Burger a good standby.  I wouldn't necessarily run across town, but I won't deny that I am easily beckoned inside on my way home from work.  If you're ever cruising the Apple store and want a quick bite, drop the iPad and veer to Pop Burger.  Late night is supposed to be a pretty good scene so that's always something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails