Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

JoeDough Solves the Conflict

I have found a sandwich place to rival my favorite, No. 7 Subs.  JoeDough is the offshoot of JoeDo that serves only sandwiches.  I've heard JoeDo is good but haven't been to vouch; this small window of a restaurant, however, is great.  They have some simpler sandwiches on the menu, like the Cubano and the Chicken Avocado Club.  But if you want simple, you may as well just make yourself and sandwich at home.  I went on the funkier side and ordered the Conflicted Jew.  I never thought I was famous enough to have a sandwich named after me, but there it was.  Inside buttery grilled challah was a tub's worth of chicken liver pate.  This had the same taste as my Grandma's chopped liver but with a smooth consistency.  On top of the pate were caramelized onions and crispy thick bacon (the conflict).  On the side, they serve a sweet apple compote that I inserted right into my sandwich.  Normally, the apples would be a little too sweet but the other sandwich components are salty so it's like they were just asking for each other.

All sandwiches are $10 (including tax) and they'll keep you full the majority of the day.  If you want to upgrade to the combo, don't get the kettle chips they have in a basket.  Do yourself a favor and get the homemade chips, which are basically toast points.  If you happen to get the messy Conflicted Jew, they're perfect for scooping up all the extra liver/onion filling that slips out.  As a Jew, I may still be conflicted, but there is no question in my mind about how much I like JoeDough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails