Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Crock-o Taco

It's getting cold out, which means it's crock pot season and Sundays seem to be the official day of the crock.  Slow cookers usually evoke thoughts of cozy Winter stews; but nowadays, there's a crock pot recipe for everything.  This past Sunday, I decided I was ready to try one of those new, non-stew recipes and went with tacos.

Into the crock went stew meat, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, cayenne, chile powder, lime juice, and pineapple juice.  After about 3.5 hours, the beef was nice and shred-able, so I scooped it into tortillas and topped with avocado and fresh tropical salsa (that I bought from Whole Foods because it was a lazy Sunday, after all).  The meat was nice and spicy, but the fruit salsa instantly cooled it off.  In addition to being tasty, it was a little healthier than my usual tacos since they were flavorful enough without cheese or sour cream.

Unfortunately, crock pot season may be cut short since I dropped my pot's lid on the floor during clean up and broke off the handle.  Who am I kidding, I'll probably head to Bed Bath and Beyond next weekend for a new one.  These tacos were too good and too easy not to be repeated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails