Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Balsamic Brussels

I haven't cooked in a while - it's been take-out central over here - but I decided to use all my spare time wisely during my week and a half break from work.  The first recipe on my list was balsamic brussels sprouts with cherries (adapted from the Pioneer Woman).  This recipe begins with roasted brussels sprouts, a preparation I'm quite familiar with.  Halved sprouts are tossed in olive oil, salt, and pepper and roasted for about 30 minutes.  While they're getting nice and brown, bring some balsamic vinegar to a boil and then bring the flame down to medium-low and let the balsamic cook til it reduced and thickened (about 20 minutes).  Toss the brussels sprouts with the balsamic reduction and dried cherries.I made it an all-around healthy meal by serving the sprouts with a big salad and grouper that I baked with champagne vinegar and oranges.  The brussels sprouts are tangy from the balsamic vinegar and sweet from the cherries.  It was a nice riff off regular roasted brussels sprouts that took no additional time or effort.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails