Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2011

3 on Thursday

Today marks the day I pulled out the tights.  I can't complain because I usually have to resort to leg protection by November, but New York has been blessed this year with a Winter that moved in as fast as dial-up internet.  In addition to the elongated Fall season, these things have made me happy this past week:

Last Friday, Stu came over for a pregame before we hit up a Holiday party.  I didn't have much time to pull together a real meal, but I ran to the store to grab a baguette and a few cheeses for a last minute nosh spread.  While I was in the cheese department, I found this great jam by Nû Lait.  After doing well in the yogurt business, they recently decided to translate their probiotics into spreadable versions of their flavors.  I decided to go with the peach/honey/cinnamon/cardamom/clove flavor because it seemed very Fall and I knew it would go well with the Humbolt Fog cheese I picked up.  The thick jam was delicious and I'll be using what's left in the jar to top waffles for a quick breakfast next week.  A little goes a long way so I consider the $3.99 price tag for this gourmet condiment to be quite a deal.  Stocking stuffer, perhaps?
While shopping at Bendel's (just saying that makes me feel like an uptown New York lady), I discovered Ali B Belts.  The designer was in the store for a trunk show, and I thought her velvet ribbon belts were luxe and beautiful.  They are all one-of-a-kind designs featuring, feathers, brooches, or both.  They're a little pricy (about $175), but tie one of these around a simple dress and you have a whole new outfit.  One of these belts could easily take a cotton shift to cocktail party status.  If you're wondering what to wear to one of those Holiday parties you have coming up, this may be your perfect solution - très festive.  These two women just started their business, so if you're interested, contact alibnewyork@gmail.com
 
This chick has Kristen Stewart's swallowing and hair/knee touching to a T.  Please watch "Kristen Stewart Explains Christmas" to get into the Holiday spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails