Search This Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Butternut Bliss

I finally found a butternut squash recipe I really love.  I know butternut squash is one of those Fall foods that everyone just adores.  People await butternut squash soup season like the men at home look forward to deer hunting season.  I, on the other hand, think it's just ok and not something I usually crave or cook for myself.  When I saw a recipe for spiced squash in yogurt dressing with pomegranate seeds in Food Network Magazine, I decided it may be just the recipe to make me think differently.

I didn't have the recipe handy when I started cooking, so I improvised and wound up with something a little sweeter but I'm betting just as tasty.  I tossed cubes of butternut squash with olive oil, chile powder, and nutmeg and roasted them for 30-40 minutes.  When the squash came out of the oven, I topped it with greek yogurt that I mixed with vanilla and cinnamon - not too much because the squash itself will be sweet.  The final touch: pomegranate seeds, an ingredient that seems to make everything better lately.  This recipe was easy and tasty enough to make a butternut believer out of me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails