Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2011

3 on Thursday

Perhaps I should have given you warning that 3 on Thursday would be cancelled last week due to Thanksgiving, but I figured you would all be too full of turkey to notice.  Now that we're back in action, here's the latest:

This may shock you, but I was a private school kid.  A prepster all the way.  What?  That wasn't shocking?  Oh well, my experience was about as stereotypical as it gets, and I loved every second of it.  Before leaving for Thanksgiving, the alumni committee organized a gathering for all us NYC Country Day kids.  It was in a sick apartment with amazing catered food and a great goody bag that included a koozie so I can properly represent my alma mater while boozing.  It was great to see how well my fellow Hornets have done with their lives and so nice to see such a robust group of people from home up here.  SCDS certainly had a large hand in making me who I am today (spending that many years at one institution will do that to you), and it's always good to reconnect with the people and places from such a formative time. 

So um the Delta terminal at LGA is snazzy now.  Last time I flew, they were beginning construction, but this time I was able to see the finished product.  It's so nice to fly and be able to get real food like Pat La Frieda burgers (above), especially when you no longer get meals on flights anymore.  There were also plenty of healthier options like a fresh salad bar and a sit down restaurant called Crust.  Beyond that, the aesthetic was much nicer than the white walls and grungy carpet of the past that used to make me super stir crazy while waiting for my flight.
A couple weeks ago the construction on the space next to my office began moving along and this week I finally learned who the new occupant will be: Pie Face.  As a fan of pie-in-the-face stooge jokes, the name alone makes me happy.  Once I looked into it and learned the restaurant is an Aussie chain that serves savory and sweet pies, I started drooling.  I see myself picking up a meat pie for dinner on the way home from work alllll the time.  Likely more often than is reasonable.  Now I have "God That's Good," the song about pies and murder from the musical Sweeney Todd stuck in my head.  Hopefully the grub from Pie Face comes free of vengeful crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails