Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

Boozy Bread

I may not have a Valentine, but that doesn't mean the rest of my office doesn't.  Girls all over my office were receiving flowers and chocolate all day long, which means I was reaping the benefits of their leftovers.  Of all the chocolate covered strawberries, truffles, and cookies I tasted today, the best treat came from the unlikeliest of places.

Godiva, Jaques Torres, and all the other usual suspects were there, but my favorite sweet treat came from Flex Mussels.  Many people think Flex Mussels has some of the best moules frites in the city, and many people would be right.  But you'd be a fool if you stopped at mussels and didn't get dessert.  They all look amazing, but today I got to try the boozy doughnuts when some lucky girl's boyfriend sent them to her.  These super soft treats are made with Maker's Mark and caramel and dusted with sugar crystals.  They were so unbelievably good.  I'm not upset I don't have a Valentine.  I am, however, upset I don't have more of these doughnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails