Search This Blog

Monday, August 25, 2014

Monday Reads



  1. I try my best not to curse but appreciate this chart depicting the evolution of swear words.
  2. A group of college guys is creating a nail polish that will change colors when it comes in contact with a drink that's been drugged with Rohypnol or GHB.  Though I've been lucky enough not to have been slipped a roofie, my boyfriend likes to remind me how easy it can happen and that I may be a bit too trusting.  We should always remain on high alert, but any help detecting nefarious deeds in the bar is welcomed by me.
  3. The 6.0 level quake that struck California this weekend (the worst in over two decades) will result in an expensive recovery since 88% of Californians don't have earthquake insurance. Bloomberg Businessweek examines why people living in such a high risk area are choosing to chance it.
  4. $1,000 may sound like a lot of money, but it's really not in the grand scheme of things.  Here are 35 things you could do with just that amount that could have major long term returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails