Search This Blog

Thursday, August 28, 2014

3 on Thursday

Labor Day came at me fast this year.  I didn't realize until Monday that we had already reached our four day weekend.  I'm not complaining because I could certainly use the time off, but it does make me a bit sad to realize that my summer this year was dreadfully short.


  1. A couple weeks ago we discovered a bar that stocked plenty of games to make the drinking experience even more enjoyable.  My Jenga skills were pretty good...I guess that's because I'm just a big kid at heart. 
  2. After a Friday happy hour in the Madison Square Garden neighborhood, Albert and I decided to take the walk directly across town towards my apartment since it was nice out.  Since Koreatown is at the halfway point on the walk I thought it would be the perfect place to stop for a fun supper.  I seemed to have forgotten how easy [Korean alcohol] Soju goes down so I paid for my fun with a pounding headache on Saturday.  I still think it was worth it. 
  3. I am a BIG fan of going to see movies in the park during the summer.  My favorite is the Central Park Film Festival.  The screen is big, the lawn is slightly sloped for somewhat stadium style viewing, and it is just the right amount of crowded.  Unlike the other movies in the park, which show one movie per week, the Central Park Film Fest shows one movie every day for a week, set to a theme.  This year's theme was "Scenes From Our City" and the movies spanned decades.  The Friday flick was Hitchcock's Rear Window, which I had never seen.  Hitchcock is a master of suspense, but don't worry because this one isn't too scary.  Grace Kelly was perfection.  Now I see why she was courted by a Prince.  Like last year, we attended the movie with Seth and Danielle, but this year Matt, Karina, and Rebekah also joined us so we had a great group.  We also had a picnic spread that was the envy of everyone else in the park.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails