Search This Blog

Monday, August 18, 2014

Book Review: Freakonomics

My sister in law has been referencing "Freakonomics" for years and even incorporates some of its chapters in her classroom.  I finally decided to read for myself what makes the [somewhat boring] subject of economics so interesting and found it more enlightening than much of what I read as part of my college curriculum.

Levitt and Dubner use piles of data to discover the simple answers to complex questions, like Why did lynchings die down when the KKK was at its strongest?  or What can parents do to raise a successful child?  The authors are able to boil each issue down to a eureka moment.  It will have you looking at age old issues in a new way and make you wonder if you've been looking at everything else all wrong, too.

5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails