Search This Blog

Friday, June 28, 2013

Pea Salad

You and me go together like peas and carrots...except I don't like peas and carrots.  But once I discovered how great Greek yogurt and mayonnaise could be as a dressing, I wanted to see if it could save this dish.

Once of my biggest issues with peas and carrots is that I don't really like cooked carrots.  I do, however, like raw carrots, especially when used as a vehicle for dip or dressing.  Serving peas and carrots as a cold salad turned it into something I actually enjoyed eating that took minutes to prepare.  I defrosted frozen peas and tossed them with sliced carrots, the yogurt/mayo dressing, salt and pepper, and fresh mint.  I took the dish to book club and based on how little was left, it seems I'm not the only one who prefers this version of peas and carrots.  Another great potluck/picnic dish to add to your recipe box.  You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails