Search This Blog

Monday, November 19, 2012

Bacon-Wrapped Potatoes

It was my turn to host book club this month and I couldn't resist picking up S'mac since it just opened in my neighborhood.  I can't describe how good this mac and cheese is and how happy I was to have an excuse to order the mongo size.  I didn't want it to be a complete cop out, so I also cooked a dish myself.  (My book club is strict - you must put effort into the food you bring and you must actually talk about the book.)

I made bacon wrapped potatoes that were super easy and certainly a crowd pleaser.  Cut up new potatoes into bite size portions and boil til fork tender (about 5 minutes).  Toss them with olive oil and fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme (if you don't have these, you can just use whatever seasoning strikes your fancy - salt and pepper works fine) and then wrap them in bacon (it will take about 1/3 -1/2 strip) and secure with a toothpick.  Stick them in the oven at 400 til the bacon looks done (about 20 minutes, flipping once).  Serve with sour cream mixed with hot sauce.

Luckily, I was able to snap a pic before they were all gone, but the nearly empty bowl should be an indication of how popular they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails