Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2012

3 on Thursday

I feel like I've been cranking the work out this week - a pretty good feeling.  I've been busy enough at the office to be extra thankful that it was a short week thanks to MLK day. 

I spent my day off work at the movies, watching an indie flick and eating lots of buttery popcorn.  Jen is my partner in crime when it comes to the weirder, character study-type movies so we saw Martha Marcy May Marlene, which is about a girl attempting to re-acclimate to normal life after escaping a cult.  I was intrigued by this film for two reasons 1) I don't understand how people get sucked into the cult world and 2) the star is Elizabeth Olsen, sister of the Olsen twins.  Turns out, Miss. Olsen is quite the actress and gave a profound performance.  I really enjoyed the movie but was upset that there was a loose end they didn't tie up.  It didn't take away from the film's central themes, but I just wanted to know how Olsen's character ended up in the cult in the first place.

One of my friends recently visited Buffalo where she discovered Fowler's Chocolates and their specialty, chocolate sponge candy.  Thankfully, she was willing to share while we watched the Giant's game on Sunday.  I'm not sure what the crunchy, aerated sponge filling is made out of, but it was sort of like a sugary honeycomb enrobed in chocolate.  Yum. 

I was really digging the fashion at this year's Golden Globes [three faves shown above].  Yes, this is a silhouette Sophia Vergara wears often, but I thought the Vera Wang fit her figure perfectly.  Armor on the top, waves on the bottom in a gorgeous midnight blue.  I love the back and sleeves on Claire Danes' J. Mendel's dress and think this is a great way to do a black and white combo.  Finally, Shailene Woodley's dress was sophisticated and age appropriate.  The crystals over netting neckline was sweet and sexy at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails