Search This Blog

Thursday, January 12, 2012

3 on Thursday

Work-wise, it's been an interesting week.  Work finally slowed down, which has been nice and - dare I say it?! - a little boring.  The high ups in the company all went to CES (Consumer Electronics Show) in Vegas and when the cat's away, the mice will play.  It's been nice having a little time to relax, but of course there is always a fire or two to put out, even during the slow times.  These mini work crises all popped up at about 5:30 so I bobbled back and forth between laid back and frantic.  Fun.  Now I just have one more day before I can enjoy a nice 3-day weekend in honor of MLK Jr.  
This past Sunday there was a great article in the Times about couples making their own wedding bands.  These ambitious spouses-to-be aren't just designing the rings, they are actually torching the metal.  It seems like a great way to add extra meaning to the symbol of your bond as a couple, though I don't know if I should ever be trusted with a blowtorch.
How cute are these iPhone cases?!  I love anything monogrammed and these patterns are so my style it's ridiculous.  I'm holding off in part because the $50 price tag seems steep, but mostly because I don't know which one I would choose.
By now, if you aren't aware of the "Shit Girls Say" phenomenon, it's safe to say you're a hermit.  The original video spawned TONS of spoofs that everyone seems to be over and done with.  These videos may be old news, but they're still hilarious.  My personal faves are "Shit Christians Say to Jews" (and yes, just about every one of these things has been said to me) and "Shit Girls Say to Gay Guys".

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails