Search This Blog

Thursday, March 27, 2014

3 on Thursday

Who's got fun plans for the weekend?!  I don't yet have my weekend planned, but I'm looking forward to figuring it out on the fly.
Background: Shout out to my 'hood!

  1. My Uncle Skip was in town last weekend and while he was here we went to City Winery to see Paula Poundstone.  I had watched Paula Poundstone on HBO Comedy Central when I was young and loved to see her - even in 2014 - walk on stage wearing her trademark tie, high waisted pants, and suspenders.  Comedy shows are always a good change of pace, but it was particularly nice to see one at City Winery where the food and drink is a step (or 3) above that of comedy clubs.
  2. It may be immature, but I found this delineation of shufflepuck teams amusing.
  3. Last week I went to Fogo de Chao.  It's one of those Brazilian steakhouses where they just bring you meat as long as your coaster is showing the green side.  I tried all 16 cuts of meat plus two trips to the salad bar.  The next morning I was meat sick.  That's an actual feeling.  This kind of overindulgence can only happen every 15 years or so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails