Search This Blog

Monday, September 9, 2013

Bruschetta Burgers

I don't know that you can call it a burger when there's no bun. If we're getting technical, I actually don't know that you can call it a burger when it's made with turkey. All this rule breaking - it's anarchy!

I'm not a fan if turkey burgers in general. They're usually too dry, but after making this meal for lunch over the weekend, I may be a convert. I mixed ground turkey with oregano, garlic powder, some balsamic vinegar, a few bread crumbs, and an egg. All that stuff actually kept it juicy after a grilled it. I thought a juicy turkey burger was an oxymoron. I guess I can even surprise myself sometimes. 

I put the burger on top of a bed of arugula and piled on bruschetta topping. This is super easy to make yourself by chopping up tomato, onion, garlic, and basil. I, however, just used pre-made bruschetta topping I found at Fairway. I was being lazy. No apologies. 

This would be great with some fresh smoked mozzarella, but is great as is (not to mention, healthy). Definitely not a traditional burger, but sometimes it's nice to break the rules. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails