Search This Blog

Thursday, September 5, 2013

3 on Thursday

Just because it's a short week (thank you, Labor Day!) doesn't mean it hasn't been stressful.  With a major client presentation creeping up on Monday I've had to pack a lot of work into a little time frame.  I've also been feeling a bit under the weather.  I could definitely use these reminders of all the good stuff right about now.  Today's background pic is another from the Gramercy Park Hotel rooftop.  A case of old school pharmaceuticals served as artwork.

  1. It took six years, but I finally got to see Riverside Park.  It's beautiful and I felt like I was walking through a scene in You've Got Mail.  I may be a hardcore east sider, but this park is a definite plus for the west side.
  2. Going to a movie at Sunshine Cinema has been a bucket list item.  It has an old school marquee and shows independent films (but not the super obscure ones) - just what you expect out of a downtown New York City movie theater.  I ended up not being crazy about the film we saw, but the experience, right down to the snacks, was great.
  3. I always say football is my consolation prize for summer ending.  I hate that fall means I have to start putting away my fun sundresses and spending less time in the park.  But there is just something about football season.  I was so excited to go to our alumni chapter's brand new bar and see my fellow NYC Dawgs hootin and hollerin.  I even got these two Yankee jokers to get decked out in red and black for the first game of the season.  No boy looks better than when he is bleeding red and black.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails